“If the author does their job well, then you get the pleasure of meeting a life-long friend.”
Jody Klaire lives in South Wales with Fergus, her golden retriever. She is an award winning, best-selling author of many books, from her award-winning mystery/action adventure series The Above & Beyond Series to her Best-selling and award winning romances. Jody has many more short stories in anthologies which raise money for great causes.
When Jody isn’t writing, mentoring, teaching creative writing, or talking about writing, she is partial to a spot of cake.
As Aeron would say, ‘to cut a novel to a nugget,’ I’m an author. I write thrillers, action adventures, a little romance, a lot of humour, and sometimes I write short stories too. I blog here on my website and I also guestblog.
What Started My Journey
I was in the music industry for 17 years, while also managing to be a police officer and numerous other “proper jobs.” I became very unwell in my late twenties and needed full-time care. Writing started off as something to do while I stared up at my bedroom ceiling but then became a friend and a passion.
I had written many books before I turned thirty but penned The Empath just before that birthday. It became my debut novel with Bedazzled Ink. I have always had Aeron’s series planned out in my head from when I started. Currently (in September 2018) there are five books of the seven published with Black Ridge Falls soon to follow.
I am not just about fast-action-packed thrillers either. I also write romances, mainly romcoms and some romantic intrigue. La Vie En Bleu was released in 2015 with Bedazzled Ink; Best Maid Plans & Beached have subsequently been solo projects. I’ve recently teamed up with Ylva Publishing to release romances, of which In Fashion is just about to be released with more to follow!
My Writing Style
My writing style is designed to be re-readable. I try to create vivid stories and characters that you can revisit over and over again. I use close up Narrative Distance often in my work which means you often experience the story as the character. When it comes to thrillers – especially The Above & Beyond Series, I love to create complex stories with oodles of subplot. When it comes to romance, I aim to make you smile, laugh and enjoy falling in love… but that doesn’t mean I skimp on subplot.
About Me Personally
I love making people smile. Whatever I do in my work, that’s the feeling I want to give you when you pick up my books. I want to uplift you.
Away from writing, I’ve played a lot of different sports; some well, some… well… I wouldn’t win awards for but I always loved running around and putting my heart into it. Now, I love watching the NSWL (in particular Orlando and Seattle;) watching Wales women dazzle on the football pitch, watching or playing wheelchair tennis.
I love all creative things from painting to digital concept art, playing or singing and generally attempting to make anyone within shouting distance laugh.
Fergus is my trusty (and famous) assistance dog. That means he helps me take off my shoes etc. He also has his own special talent when he’s bossing me around and he might just be the cutest dog ever. (I may be biased but I have supporters.) Fergus has been trained using positive reinforcement, and off-duty, he loves to pull “zoomies” at will, dig up the garden, has a big sense of humour and enjoys cuddles.
You can find us bickering at various events during the year or on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. (@jodyklaire.)
What the reviewers say about me…
“Jody Klaire is one of those authors with whom you never quite know what you are going to get, from the absolutely stunning paranormal/crime series “Above and Beyond” to the charming and whimsical “La Vie en Bleu” she always entertains.”
Velvet Lounger – LRR
“…A born storyteller.”
WHERE CAN YOU GET YOUR COPY?
You can buy my books from any major bookstore or online site such as Amazon or you can visit my publishers’ websites. If you’d like signed copies, please check out my store and I’ll be happy to help!
CURRENT LIST OF BOOKS
- The Empath [Above & Beyond Series – Book 1] Runner up at the 2014 Rainbow Awards (Honorable Mention) Finalist 2015 GCLS Goldie Awards.
- Blind Trust [Above & Beyond Series – Book 2] Runner up (Honorable Mention) Rainbow Awards 2015
- Untrained Eye – [Above & Beyond Series – Book 3]
- Hindsight – [Above & Beyond Series – Book 4] WINNER – Rainbow Awards 2017 (honorable mention)
- Noble Heart – [Above & Beyond Series – Book 5]
- Black Ridge Falls – [Above & Beyond Series – Book 6] – due out Fall 2018
- La Vie En Bleu – A bestselling romantic comedy.
- Best Maid Plans – the follow-up to La Vie en Bleu – WINNER – Rainbow Awards 2017 (honorable mention)
- Beached – [Île Blanche Series – Book 1]
- If The Shoe Fits – based on Cinderella
- Love’s Bridge – and anthology of short stories with characters from all my works.
- In Fashion – A romantic comedy about facing and embracing your own unique Design.
- Language of Love – An Ylva Festive Anthology (Out October 2018)
- The Manor House – Romantic Intrigue – (Due out March 2019)
- Stories for Homes – on behalf of Shelter – Fields of Gold.
- Reading is Magic – on behalf of NSPCC – Upon The Crest of a Moon.
- Out of Darkness – on behalf of BHF – Backseat Driver
- Written Dreams – on behalf of the GCLS Writing Academy – The Understudy
Praise for the books
Twitter & Instagram:
Thanks for dropping by and please feel free to say hi!